Ready in 45 minutes
Serves 4 people
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled and cut in approximately 1-inch cubes
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- ½ cups rice, (or any preferred grain)
- 2 cups arugula, (or substitute mixer greens, baby spinach or kale)
- 1 can beans, (15 ounces or 1½ cups cooked) rinsed and drained
- 1 apple, such as Honeycrisp, diced
- ⅓ cup pumpkin seeds, (pepitas)
- I cup of protein (chopped) - we use Zoglos Incredible vegan chicken!
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup lime juice, (2 limes)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
- salt, to taste
- ⅓ cup La Dee Da Butternut Squash Beet Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add the butternut squash and drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss with you hands to evenly coat. Roast for 20 to 30 minutes until the squash is tender and lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, prepare the rice (or other grain) and protein according to the package directions.
- To make the Tahini Lime Dressing, blend all the dressing ingredients until very smooth using an immersion blender (recommended) or regular blender or whisk.
- To make the Power Bowls, divide the arugula among four bowls. Add a quarter of the rice, beans, butternut squash, and apple to each. Drizzle each bowl with Tahini Lime Dressing and top with a quarter of the pumpkin seeds. (The rice, beans, and butternut squash can be served either warm or cold.)