Serves 4 people
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 2 cups carrots, diced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 inches ginger, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 1 cup dry brown lentils, rinsed and picked over
- 1 ½ cups vegetable broth
- 1 ½ cups La Dee Da Butternut Squash Beet Sauce
- 1 15-ounce can full fat coconut milk
- fresh cilantro and lime juice , for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. . Cut the stem off the top of the butternut squash then slice in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop the seeds and flesh out of the bottom bulb on each side. Lightly coat the remaining flesh with high heat oil and place that side facing down on the baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 30-45 minutes, or until soft when squeezed with an oven mitt. Set aside to cool.
- Line a separate baking sheet and arrange cauliflower florets on top. Lightly coat with high heat oil and roast at the same time as the squash, for about 18-20 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, warm the oil with the onion and cook for 3-5 minutes, until translucent. Add the pepper, ginger, garlic, and seasonings (cumin, chili powder, turmeric, and curry powder). Continue to cook for 5 minutes more, continuing to stir.
- To the pot, add the rinsed lentils, La Dee Da Sauce 59and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook, with the lid partially covered, for 30-45 minutes, just until lentils are tender.
- Allow the squash to cool completely before using a spoon to scrape the flesh into the pot with the lentils. Pour in the coconut milk and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5-7 minutes, until heated through.
- Serve warm garnished with cilantro and lime juice, & enjoy!