Creamy Kale Caesar (serves 3/4)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas (or one 15-ounce can, drained)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon cumin powder
KALE CAESAR SALAD
- 1/4 cup raw tahini
- 4 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2/3 cup Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound fresh kale (about 6 cups)
- Sprinkle of vegan Parmesan or nutritional yeast (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. To prepare the Roasted Chickpeas, toss the cooked chickpeas with olive oil, garlic, cumin and salt in a large bowl, then pour them into a rimmed baking sheet. Arrange them into a single layer, then bake until crisp, about 30 to 40 minutes, shaking the pan halfway through the cooking cycle.
- While the chickpeas are baking, prepare the dressing. Stir together the sauce tahini, lemon juice, water, garlic, mustard, salt, and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Stir until smooth and adjust any seasonings as you like.
- To assemble the salad, remove the tough stems from the kale leaves, and cut the kale into small pieces. Toss the leaves with the dressing and let them marinate while you wait for the chickpeas to be done.
- When the chickpeas are done roasting, remove the pan from the oven and let them cool for 10 minutes. Sprinkle them generously over the kale salad and serve. Leftovers can be stored separately in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. ( Keep in mind that roasted chickpeas don't have the best texture when chilled, so if you want to make this in advance, you may want to use plain drained and rinsed canned chickpeas, instead)