FABULOUS FOCACCIA APPETIZER BITES
- 1 jar of La Dee Da Savoury Mushroom & Basil Sauce
- 1 large Blackbird Moroccan style focaccia bread (or focaccia of your choice)
- 2 cups of baby arugula
- 1 cup of sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp of EVOO
- 1/2 cup large shaved pieces of vegan parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp La Dee Da Spicy Sweet Wine Relish (for a kick)
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- On a large non-stick baking sheet place the focaccia bread. Glaze the top with olive oil, evenly spreading it.
Kitchen Tip: At this point, we would add the Spicy Sweet Wine Relish (if so desired).
- Add the Savoury Mushroom Basil Sauce on top of focaccia (desired amount is up to you but we recommend starting with a cup and a half for an even coat.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes evenly on top of focaccia.
- Place in oven and bake for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add arugula over top (being generous).
- Add the shavings of cheese.
- Place back in oven for another 3-4 minutes.
- Remove and slice into 1/2 inch strips.
- Place on serving platter and garnish with a few fresh pieces of arugula for pop of colour.