OVEN BAKED CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE
- 1 package of skinless, boneless chicken breasts approx 1 - 1 1/2 lbs
- 1 jar of La Dee Da Savoury Mushroom & Basil Sauce
- 1 grated zucchini
- 1 julienned orange pepper Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp EVOO
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs (optional)
- Fresh sprigs of basil
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and place chicken breasts in. Sear both sides of chicken breasts for approximately 5 minutes per side. Remove from skillet and place in a non-stick baking dish (glass is fine too).
- Pour jar of Mushroom & Basil Sauce sparingly over all the breasts. Cook chicken for approximately 20-25 minutes, covered with aluminum foil to capture the wine based sauce moisture in the chicken.
- Remove aluminum foil after 25 minutes and add the zucchini and peppers (at this point you can add the breadcrumbs if you like).
- Place back in the oven uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, place on serving platter and garnish with fresh basil sprigs.