SWEET AND SPICY GOURMET HUMMUS
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 7 tbsp EVOO (plus a little more for drizzling)
- 3 tbsp of La Dee Da Spicy Sweet Wine Relish (plus 1 tbsp for topping)
- 2 cans of chickpeas (reserve a 1/4 cup for garnishing)
- In a blender, mix together the tahini, garlic salt, lemon juice, water and olive oil until well blended (smooth texture).
- Slowly begin adding the chickpeas into a blender (half can at a time) pulsing and blending between each addition (add a couple tbsp of water if it becomes too thick).
- Add in the Spicy Sweet Wine Relish and continue blending.
- Keep blending until hummus becomes smooth and creamy.
- Pour hummus into large shallow bowl and drizzle with remaining olive oil, garnish with leftover chickpeas and top with remainder of Spicy Sweet Wine Relish, serve with fresh or toasted pitas, fresh veggies or add to veggie bowls.