SWEET AND SPICY GOURMET HUMMUS
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 7 tbsp olive oil (plus a little more for drizzling)
- 3 tbsp of La Dee Da Spicy Sweet Wine Relish (plus 1 tbsp for topping)
- 2 cans of chickpeas (reserve a couple tsp for garnish)
In a blender, mix together the tahini, garlic, salt, water and olive oil until well blended (smooth texture). Slowly begin adding the chickpeas, half a can at a time, blending between each addition. **Add a couple tbsp of water if it becomes too thick.
Add the Spicy Sweet Wine Relish and continue blending. Blend until hummus is smooth and creamy.
Pour hummus into large shallow bowl and drizzle with remaining olive oil, garnish with leftover chickpeas and top with tbsp of Spicy Sweet Wine Relish. Enjoy with fresh or toasted pitas or fresh veggies!
Makes a great appetizer for get togethersDownload PDF