- Oct 18, 2022
- 0 Comment(s)
Thai Green Curry Ramen
Ready in 45 minutes
Serves 4 people
- 2 carrots, washed and diced into small, bite-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp high-heat, neutral tasting oil I like avocado oil or grapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 bunches broccolini washed and trimmed
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 8-10 shiitake mushrooms rinsed, destemmed and sliced
- 2 oz jar green curry paste
- 2 14 oz cans full fat, unsweetened, coconut milk
- 1 bottle of La Dee Da Thai Green Goddess Soup
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 pkg ramen noodles (there should be four "bricks" of noodles in each package, one for each serving)
- 8-10 basil leaves Thai basil is best if you can find it; washed and torn
- 1 handful cilantro leaves washed and torn
- 1-2 fresh limes washed and quartered
- Sprinkle of sesame seeds (for garnish)
- Optional - sriracha sauce for additional spice
- In a large stockpot, heat the oil until shimmering. Add the mushrooms and carrots and sauté on high heat until softened then remove from the pot and set aside.
- Add the onions into the stockpot and reduce the heat to medium. Sauté the onions until soft and translucent. About 5 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and continue to sauté for 2-3 more minutes, being careful not to burn. Stir in the green curry paste until cook until fragrant about 1-2 minutes.
- Add in your broccoli or additional veggies/protein of choice.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the coconut milk, La Dee Da Soup and tamari. Simmer until warmed through.
- Cook the noodles according to the package in a separate pot. Drain and rinse with cold water. You want to avoid overcooking the noodles.
- Add the cooked noodles to your serving bowls and add ~1 cup of the curry broth. Top with torn basil and cilantro, sesame seeds and season with fresh limes and sriracha sauce. Enjoy!
Gluten free option - switch out ramen for soba or rice noodles. Would be wonderful over rice too!