Serves 6-8 people
- ½ small roasted beet
- 1 15-oz. can cooked chickpeas (mostly drained // 1 can yields ~1 3/4 cup)
- 1 large lemon (zested)
- 1/2 large lemon (juiced)
- 1 healthy pinch salt and black pepper
- 2 large cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 Tbsp tahini
- 3 drops of Liquid Smoke
- ½ cup La Dee Da Butternut Squash Beet Sauce
- 3 tbsp cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C), remove the stem and most of the root from your beets, and scrub and wash them underwater until clean.
- Wrap beet(s) in foil, drizzle on a bit of olive or avocado oil, wrap tightly, and roast for one hour or until a knife inserted falls out without resistance. They should be tender. Set in the fridge (in a bowl to catch juice) to cool to room temperature.
- Once your beet is cooled and peeled, quarter it and place it in your food processor. Blend until only small bits remain. Add remaining ingredients except for olive oil and blend until smooth.
- Drizzle in olive oil & sauce as the hummus is mixing. Taste and slowly adjust seasonings as needed, adding more salt, lemon juice, or olive oil if needed. If it’s too thick, add a bit of water.
- Top with additional olive oil, herbs, seeds or anything else to add some extra pizzazz to this vibrant hummus! Will keep in the fridge for up to a week