Apr 27, 2022
Creamy Tomato Bean Stew (serves 4)
CREAMY TOMATO BEAN STEW (serves 4)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- ¼ cup nuts for cheese Black Garlic Flavour
- 6 large cloves garlic, finely minced
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 5 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ cup 12 veggie marinara
- 3 bay leaves
- ¾-1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½-¾ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 15 oz. cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
- Heat a large sauté pan to medium and add oil. Once heated, add onion and sauté for 6-8 minutes. Add garlic and continue cooking, stirring often, for 2-3 minutes.
- Add broth, tomatoes, tomato paste, bay leaves, ¾ teaspoon of salt, ground pepper and ½ teaspoon of red pepper flakes to the pan. Stir well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes, stirring a few times.
- Add, basil, and beans and continue simmering for an additional 15 minutes. Taste and add additional ¼ teaspoon of salt and red pepper flakes if desired. Stir in Nuts for Cheese and let cook for 5 more minutes.
- Remove bay leaves before serving. When you are ready to serve, top with vegan feta or parmesan cheese and chopped basil.Serve with warmed, crusty bread of choice.