MARY'S FAMOUS VEGAN CHILLI
Serves 6 people
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Kitchen Tip: This recipe can be used with or without ground beef, turkey, tofu and is a delicious, healthy and easy recipe.
Optional: To increase the serving size add the following suggested vegetables, 1 sweet pepper, coarsely chopped 3 celery stalks, chopped.
- 2 packages of Vegan Ground ‘meat’
- 2 500 ml jars of La Dee Da 12 Vegetable Tomato Sauce
- 1⁄2 jar of La Dee Da Spicy Sweet Wine Relish
- 1 225 gram package of button mushrooms
- 1 bunch green onions (diced) 1 sweet vadila onion (diced)
- 1⁄2 celery stock (diced)
- 2 large carrots (diced)
- 8-10 baby tomatoes (diced)
- 1 can of white kidney beans (bean medley works lovely in this recipe as well)
- In a large sauce pot, mix olive oil, green onions. sweet onions and gently sauté.
- Add in celery and carrot and mushrooms then cook for 3-4 minutes on medium heat.
- Add in Vegan ground and still in tomatoes and spices, cook 5-7 minutes.
- Add in La Dee Da La Dee Da Spicy Sweet Wine Relish and blend in flavours.
- Add in salt and pepper to taste.
- Add Spicy Sweet Wine Relish.
- Add in two jars of 12 Veggie Tomato Sauce (rinse jar with a touch of water to get all the veggies out of the jar) and bring to a gentle boil.
- Stir in can of kidney beans (or your beans of choice, bean medley works great as well)
*at this point we add in our La Dee Da Spicy Sweet Wine Relish.
- Simmer for 30 minutes et voila, easy peasy Vegan Chilli.