FRESH AND FAB NOODLE-'LESS'
- 1 jar of La Dee Da 12 Vegetable Tomato Sauce
- 3 medium sized Zucchini washed
- 3 cups shredded vegan mozzarella cheese (plus one cup for reserve)
- 1 1/2 cup part skim vegan Ricotta cheese (or any substitute crumble cheese)
- 2 vegan eggs (refer to Frittata recipe for directions)
- 2 tbsp Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated vegan parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F degrees.
- Cut Zucchini into thin strips (Approximately 1/8 inch thickness for best results) with the Mandolin or a sharp knife, lengthwise, should yield approximately 30-35 ribbons.
- Lightly salt the zucchini and set aside for 15 minutes, blot zucchini’s with paper towel to absorb excess water Preheat a grill to medium heat, oil the grates or spray the grill to avoid sticking.
- Grill zucchini until slightly brown, approximately 2-3 minutes per side.
- Transfer each strip to a plate lines with paper towels to absorb excess moisture.
- In a medium bowl combine vegan ricotta, vegan parmesan and ‘egg’ mixture, mix together to well combined.
- Spread 1/2 cup of mixture into glass baking dish, begin laying zucchini ribbons side by side over the mixture.
- Ladle an even coat of 12 Vegetable Tomato Sauce overtop and generously add vegan mozzarella (approximately, one cup) to cover completely.
- Repeat process until you have about 3 nice layers.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs evenly over the top, cover with foil and bake for 25-30 minutes, after which you will remove the foil and finish topping with the remaining cup of vegan mozzarella you had on reserve.
- Place back in oven and bake uncovered for another 15-20 minutes until cheese is completely melted and bubbling.