HOLY MOLY LA DEE DA CHICKEN CACCIATORE
- 1 package boneless chicken breasts (approx 2 lbs)
- 1 jar of La Dee Da 12 Vegetable Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour for dredging
- 3 tbsp EVOO
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper then dredge the chicken pieces in the chickpea flour to coat lightly.
- In a heavy saucepan heat the olive oil over medium heat add the chicken breast pieces to the pan and sauce just until brown, approximately 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer to plate and set aside. Add the two jars of 12 Vegetable Tomato Sauce to same pan, add the white wine and chicken broth and bring to a gentle simmer and add the chicken pieces back in.
- Continue simmering over medium-low heat until chicken is cooked through, approximately another 30 minutes.
- Using tongs, transfer the cooked chicken to a serving platter, simmer the remaining sauce until it thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Spoon the mixture overtop of chicken on platter and top with fresh basil.