Serves 4-6 people
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or vegan butter
- ½ bottle La Dee Da Savoury Mushroom
- Basil Sauce
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lbs. mushrooms (cremini or white), sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 ½ cups non dairy, unsweetened milk
- generous pinch of salt & pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat, saute the onions and garlic for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms, thyme and wine, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the broth, bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. In the last five minutes, add the plant milk and La Dee Da sauce, continue cooking for five minutes.
- Mix the cornstarch with cool water. Add to the soup and stir frequently for 1 – 2 minutes until soup slightly thickens. If the soup is too thin, add more cornstarch slurry as needed until desired consistency is reached.
- Top with fresh cracked black pepper, garnish with thyme and enjoy!